As computer systems become more and more networked and complex, new foundations are needed for understanding and controlling their integral properties. The CIC research group is devoted to investigation, establishment, and experimental evaluation of new theoretical foundations and system artifacts to significantly improve the systems properties from performance, reliability, security, to energy efficiency.
The systems of particular interest include distributed systems and the Internet, parallel computers, mobile embedded devices, and networked computing systems in general.
Recent Research Focus
- Cloud computing: autonomic management of virtualized machines and appliances
- Scalable and secure Internet services and architecture
- System support for mobility and adaptation in pervasive services
- High performance and fault resilient computing
- Energy-efficient design and optimization in embedded systems and datacenters
- Vehicular networks and telematics applications
- Awarded a 3-year NSF CNS grant to conduct research on autonnic cloud management (ACM), starting from September 2009
- Awarded a 3-year NSF REU Site grant for Research in Telematics and Cyber-Physics staring from March 2009
- Three papers in ICDCS'08: Filter model for servers; Energy saving in wirless networks; Machine learning approach system anomaly detection.
- Energy minimization in one-to-many wireless transmission, INFOCOM'08
- Two papers in IPDPS'08: Randomized load balancing in P2P; Machine learning for server capacity measurement
- Awarded an NSF CRI grant to build up a cluster of dependable systems
- Awarded an NSF CNS grant on adaptive control for QoS assurance in stress-resilient servers
- Exploring event correlation for failure prediciton, SC'07
- Quantifing temporal and spatial correlation of failure events, SRDS'07
- Frequency-aware energy optimization for real-time tasks, ACM LCTES'07
- Awarded an NSF grant on stochastic learning for highly dependable systems
- System-wide energy minimization for real-time tasks, ACM/IEEE ICCAD'06
- Non-intrusive performance measurement of secure Web servers, USENIX'06
- DHT congestion Control, ICDCS'06
- DHT load balancing, IPDPS'06
- Awarded an NSF grant on Internet server
- More ... ..